So Rachel Ray talked about how you should make your own taco seasoning because the stuff you buy in stores is full of sodium and “spices” (it also has silica in it, think of the little packet that is in the bottom of your new shoe box that says DO NOT EAT).
I have been trying out a few different recipes that I have found for taco seasoning, so I’ve listed two of them here for you. I’m still looking for the perfect combination, but I’ll let you be the judge.
Combine 1 T chili powder, 1 T ground cumin, 1 T garlic powder, 1 T onion powder, 1/4 T crushed red pepper – Mix well.
- 2 teaspoons hot chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste (optional)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste (optional)
Mix spices thoroughly. A Ziploc bag or tiny Tupperware container work perfectly.