Blueberry Almond Butter Banana Muffins
Gluten-free & No Refined Sugar!
I saw this recipe on the blog with the Cheesy Zucchini Rice recipe and of course I wanted it right then! I had to go buy some maple syrup and almond butter, so I went to Whole Foods because I knew I could get a small quantity instead of an entire container of each.
I used instant oatmeal, fresh churned almond butter, and frozen blueberries. (*The original recipe says not to use the natural nut butter, but the processed type. I took a stab at using the fresh ground, with no additives and it worked out great!)
I don’t own a mini muffin tin, so took a gamble and used my regular muffin tin, lined with cupcake papers.
I baked about 16-18 minutes, but check it after the initial 12 minutes, and after 15 minutes. They just didn’t look ready to me. Also, my muffins didn’t fall in the middle as suggested from the original post. I wouldn’t say they were fudgy in the middle or dense… But I would say they were really yummy and moist! I’ll be making these again in another day or so. They are super satisfying as a snack or even dessert!
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter (*not the natural kind – the processed, no-stir kind)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Add the banana, egg, almond butter, oats, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and baking soda to your blender.
- Blend until smooth, creamy, and well combined.
- Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the blueberries into the batter
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop the batter into a greased mini muffin tin
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.